- OBJECTS OF THE ORGANISATION
- That Ministries/Departments are permitted to make purchases at their discretion of all items required for office consumption upto Rs.1 lakh on each occasion directly from Kendriya Bhandar/NCCF without calling for quotations. The responsibility for ensuring reasonableness of rates, quality, specification etc. will be equally that of purchasing Ministry/Department and Kendriya Bhandar/NCCF. The reasonableness of rates, quality, specification etc. should be certified by the local purchase Committee as envisaged under Rule 146 of the GFRs, 2005.
- For procurement of all items of office consumption beyond Rs.1 lakh to Rs.25 lakh,where limited tenders are to be invited as per Rule 151 of the GFRs, 2005, Kendriya Bhandar and NCCF among others shall also be invited to participate in such limited tenders, in case these cooperatives are functioning at the station. Other things being equal, Purchase Preference will be granted to Kendriya Bhandar/NCCF, if the price quoted by the cooperatives is within 10% of the L1 price and if these cooperatives are willing to match the L1 price. No price preference over and above the L1 price shall be given to these cooperatives. However, Kendriya Bhandar/NCCF will be exempted from furnishing bid security (Earnest Money Deposit).
- Supply orders uptoRs.25 lakh, in respect of office equipments covered under the DGS&D rate contract may also be procured from KendiryaBhandar and NCCF provided KendriyaBhandar/NCCF offer the items at DGS&D rate contracted prices as also fulfill all the contractual obligations which the manufacturers/suppliers of such products are required to meet under the DGS&D rate contract. The Ministries/Departments shall make their own arrangements for inspection and testing of such goods where required.
- The above dispensation shall be applicable only upto31-3-2010.
- MULTI -STATE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY
- SALES PERFORMANCE
The Central Government Employees Consumer Cooperative Society Ltd., New Delhi, operating in the name of KENDRIYA BHANDAR was set up in 1963 as a welfare project. The society endeavors to serve the Central Government Employees and general public at large by (i)providing quality goods of daily needs at reasonable prices and (ii) playing an effective role in the Public Distribution System through its retail outlets.
The Society operates a network of 114 stores in Delhi, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, AndhraPradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Daman, Goa, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal,Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, and Chandigarh. Stationery is sold to the Central Government offices at East Block and West Block, R.K.Puram, New Delhi. The DOPT vide their OM NO.14/12/94-Welfare (Vol.II) dated 05-07-2007 has decided as under in consultation with Ministry of Finance:-
In line with latest trend in retailing, Kendriya Bhandar has taken up concerted efforts to modernize the existing stores in term of its ambience, display system, computerization etc.in a phased manner. In this direction, Netaji Nagar and Pandara Road, R.K.Puram Sector-IV, PushpaBhawan, Pragati Vihar, Hari Nagar, Krishi Kunj, R.K.Puram-I, Patel Dham and Patparganj Stores of Kendriya Bhandar have been modernized and action is in hand to modernize other stores in a phased manner.
As a new beginning KendriyaBhandar has also opened its first Medical Store at Mahadev Road followed by second chemist shop at R.K.Puram-IV and third at Delhi University Campus to cater to the needs of Delhi University (North) Campus staff and its students.
Kendriya Bhandar has also opened new retail stores at Lancer Road Lawrence Road, Lodhi Road Shopping Complex, Pushp Vihar Market (Sector-IV), SadiqNagar, Jamia Millia and Jamia Hamdard in the accommodations acquired by Kendriya Bhandar or occupied on lease basis. Kendriya Bhandar has also opened new retail store in Indian Airlines Society at Vasant Viharin the accommodation allotted by Indian Airlines to KendriyaBhandar.
Activities such as billing to customers, purchase, inventory etc. of Stationery division of Kendriya Bhandar, located at R.K.Puram (East) & (West) Blocks are computerized through Local Area Network. Further, in Head Office, purchases & stocks of Consumer items, pulses and spices are computerized.
All the Stores of Kendriya Bhandar in Delhi retailing into Grocery and Consumer items have been provided with Alpha Numeric Cash Register Machines for the purpose of billing to customers.
Kendriya Bhandar is registered as a Multi State Cooperative Society w.e.f. 08-09-2000. With this achievement Kendriya Bhandar would be able to expand its operation in other states of the country.
Kendriya Bhandar has registered significant growth in the recent past. Total sales and net profit during 2006-07 was Rs.218.79 crore and Rs.1.84 crore respectively.
Kendriya Bhandar has a paid-up capital of Rs.86.29 lakh of which Rs. 68.18 lakh have been subscribed by the Government and Rs.18.11 lakh by individual members as on 31.03.2007.
Kendriya Bhandar has declared dividend of 10% for the year 2006-07.
Kendriya Bhandar has contributed to the National exchequer by way of taxes and dividend for the year 2006-07 to the extent of Rs.123.04 lakh.
The society has been paying bonus @ 20% to its employees for the last many years.
Kendriya Bhandar has completed 44 years of its existence on 1.7.2007.
Note : For Detailed Information, visit Kendriya Bhandar .