Most Immediate/Time –bound
Govt. of India
Department of Personnel & Training
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
North Block, New Delhi-110001.
Dated the Nov. 12, 2007
Tel No. 23094010
Please refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 5th July and 30th July its subsequent reminder dated 27th September,2007 regarding the deduction of subscription from the pay roll of employees by check off system in favour of concerned Union/Association under Recognition of Service Associations of Central Secretariat under the Central Civil Service (RSA) Rules,1993.
2. Kindly recall that all the cadre Controlling Authorities/DDOs had been requested to submit the consolidated information to DS(CS-IV) in terms of para 2.5 of O.M. No. 2/10/80-JCA dated 31st Jan.,1994. As per the time –schedule prescribed for completion of the process of recognition of service Associations in the OM dated 5th July, the consolidated details of membership in respect of each cadre were to be submitted to this Department by 31.8.2007 but in spite of reminders, we have not received full information.
3. It has also come to the notice of this Department that some Ministries have delivered the consolidated cheque of membership fee to the Heads of Unions/Association, but did not furnish the information to DOPT. Since this Department will grant the recognition to an Union/Association on the basis of its strength of membership affiliated to a particular Union/Association , it is important that names of all those employees who have allowed deduction of membership fee from their salaries be intimated to DOPT immediately.
4 While keeping in view the common service interest of employees of CSS,CSSS and CSCS cadres, this Department has decided to extend the date of deduction of subscription of membership fee from the salary of employees to their concerned Union/Association upto Dec.2007, and this Department will complete the process of recognition upto Jan., 2008. Therefore, all the Cadre Controlling Authorities/DDOs are requested to arrange to send the consolidated information regarding the deduction of subscription of the employees to an Unions/Associations to this Department at the earliest so that the issue of recognition of Associations/Unions could be finalized without any further delay.
all Ministries/Departments(As per list attached)
Copy for information & necessary action to :-
1. All Cadre Controlling Authorities of the CSS/CSSS/CSCS.(Dir/DS level)
2..All Nodal DDOs nominated by the Cadre Authorities
3. Smt. Anju Bhalla, General Secretary of Central Secretariat Service(Direct Recruits-Gazetted) Association, Rom No. 334A, ‘C’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
4.Shri DPS Madan. General Secretary of Central Govt. Non Gazetted Employees Union, 5-D, Ground Floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
5. Shri Dalip Singh, General Secretary of Central Govt. Non Gazetted Employees Union, Basement ,near Gate No.4,State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
6. Shri R.S.Rawat, President of CSSS Gazetted Officers’ Association, 712,
‘A’ Wing, 7th Floor, Lok Nayal Bhawan ,Khan Market, New Delhi.
7. Shri A.K.Kashyap, General Secretary of Central Secretariat Clerical Service Association,410, Sanchar Bhawan, 20 Ashoka Road, New Delhi
8. Shri Nagendra Singh, General Secretary of Staff Car Drivers Association, 17/884, Lodhi Colony, New Delhi
9.Shri K.K.Dogra, General Secretary of Central Secretariat Stenogaraphers’Service Association, Room No. 212, B-Wing , Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
10. Shri M.C.Luther, Nodal Officer for information and updating the same on DOPT website.
11.Shri C.K.Vij, Technical Director,, Lok Nayak Bhavan, for updating on DOPT website.
* All the heads of Associations/Unions are also requested to approach DDOs concerned in the matter for forwarding the required information to this Department.